Your Covered Services
All services listed below are covered at 100% with no deductible or coinsurance when they are related to your hospice diagnosis and part of your approved hospice plan of care:
- Medical evaluations/services provided by Hospice-employed physicians and nurse practitioners.
- Physician office visits to your primary care physician.
- Registered Nurses to provide in-home visits, hands-on care and care coordination for your health care needs.
- Registered Nurse available by phone 24/7 to answer questions and provide in-home visits when needed.
- Hospice aide and homemaker services.
- Social work services to provide both emotional support and practical information. They are knowledgeable of a variety of community services which can provide additional support including: Meals on Wheels, alternative housing options, end-of-life planning, and insurance applications, just to name a few.
- Spiritual counseling and support from hospice chaplains. These individuals are knowledgeable and respectful of a wide variety of religious and spiritual traditions.
- Volunteer support (friendly calls, visits and general support).
- Physical, speech and occupational therapy when needed to relieve symptoms.
- Dietary counseling.
- Grief support and loss counseling for up to thirteen months after the patient’s death.
- Drugs related to your hospice diagnosis.
- Drugs for symptom control and pain relief.
- Medical equipment (such as wheelchair, hospital bed, walker, etc.).
- Medical supplies (such as diapers, catheters, wound supplies, etc.).
- Short-term care in a hospital for control of hospice symptoms.
- Short-term respite care in a nursing home for up to five days at a time if your caregiver needs a rest.
- Around-the-clock, in-home care for short periods in the event of an acute medical crisis.
The hospice benefit DOES NOT cover the following services:
- Treatment or medications intended to cure your illness.
- Prescription medications not directly related to your hospice diagnosis.
- Care from another provider that is the same care you are receiving from hospice.
- Nursing home room & board (with the exception of Respite care).
- Care from any provider for your hospice diagnosis that was not pre-approved or arranged by your hospice team (includes Emergency Department visits, ambulance transportation or hospitalization).
Please fill out our contact us form or call us at 210-444-2244 to learn more about how Hospice Partners can help you and/or your loved ones, today.